Monday, April 23, 2007

A few more pics.....
Carol, Jacque & Sharon at the Jazz brunch
Mark & Jacque

My blood work all came back in normal range (for having chemo) this morning, so that is great. My next chemo is a week from today. I am feeling well today - albeit a little tired from my weekend. A short nap after lunch took care of that. I have finally been approved for cardiac rehab, so I plan on starting this the week after next - once I am recovered from chemo. While my strength is getting better all the time, I will appreciate being told what is acceptable and what is not in the area of exercise. I am a little leery since my heart sometimes acts up.

After my lab work I spent the morning taking gift bags (containing tshirts and picture frames) to the different schools that students forgot to pick up at the Special Friends Prom. At Millard North High School one of the paras came to my car to pick up the sacks and told me that a couple of the general ed mentors, that happened to be twin sisters, hadn't picked up their t-shirts at prom. I gave her these student's shirts just as two girls were walking by, returning from lunch. Noticing they looked an awful lot alike, I asked their names (the para didn't know these particular mentors). Guess what? They were the mentors whose tshirts I was delivering - weird don't you think? Millard North has over 2,000 students and they just happened to walk by while I was delivering their shirts.

I purchased a new laptop this afternoon to replace the school's, which I have to return pretty soon. I am sure it will take me a few days to get everything transferred over and to get use to the new look on the screen and the feel of the keyboard.

If you would go to KETV you can see this station's coverage of the prom. It was a nice story - so hope you enjoy it.


4 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I thought prom was FANTASTIC! I'm so glad I was able to go this year. I'm so glad you were able to go this year. It was a great night.

Thanks for all of your hard work on it, even if ya shouldn't have!

Diane Muir said...

All of these are great pics. Really, Jacque, the wig is great! Yea on the bloodwork, I know that has to stress you out while you wait for it to happen and get the report back. But, yea!!!

Joyce said...

We are sitting here in the snow/rain in Denver. Saw Mark last night and Sue tomorrow. Good to see the pictures of you and your friends. I remember meeting Carol many years ago. I am meeting some of my UNO sorority sisters from 50 yrs ago while we are in Omaha. Should be fun. So good to hear how you are doing. We have wifi here in the state park. Pretty up to date. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Well said.