Monday, April 30, 2007

Chemo #3

Today was chemo number three. As usual, I am feeling just fine this evening. My pattern in the past has been an achy back on Tuesday late afternoon, joined by achy hips & legs Wednesday evening and all out neuropathy and body aches on Thursday and Friday - along with heart palpitations, a bit of nausea and loss of appetite. Oh - and don't forget my wonderful friend the big C (constipation - I know, I know - TOO much information). Time will tell if my side effects 'trend' will continue.

Greg stopped by to do a couple loads of wash while he was on his way to Steve O's to do some yard work. Greg's plan to work at Interior Construction as a laborer was squelched when his summer classes coincided with Interior's work hours. Now he is scrambling to get employed and Steve offered part time employment mowing and helping with landscaping. It looks like he will do two or three part time jobs in order to make some bucks this summer.

When I said that Matt and Courtney were going to Rochester this weekend, I was mistaken. That trip is next weekend. This last weekend Courtney's parents, Faith and Tracy, came from Rochester to visit them in Des Moines. Courtney and Matt have narrowed their wedding date down to a couple of summer weekends in '08, and will let church and hall availability pick the actual date. Matt will visit William and Mitchell Law College in St. Paul, MN, this Friday. I now know that his area of study is called 'intellectual properties' instead of patent law - although they are, I think, one in the same. The first title sounds so high falutin!

I am praying for the possibility of less side effects, no heart palpitations and quick recover. Thank you for your prayer petitions - I can feel them every day.






1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

You are stronger this time and I hope that means that your side effects will be minimal. At least, hopefully, that your heart will behave.

Glad that everything went okay. I was thinking of you yesterday.