Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Another Day

Another day at home - and it is great. I go tomorrow for my next cancer treatment. It was suppose to be Friday, but it got moved up a day. Somehow I was the only patient booked for my oncologist that day. Guess he is taking a well deserved day off - good for him!
Just two more days until my appointment with the pulmonologist. I certainly hope there has been some change for the better! It is hard for me to tell since I am out of breath whenever I move around. Just to be told I could breathe deeply would be wonderful.
I am a bit unhappy with the heart monitoring company. My cardiologist wants me to wear one for the next month. I was under the impression I would go home with a unit, but when I checked out on Saturday I was informed I had to wait until Monday to call the office to set it up. When I called the office I was told the unit was ordered from a Chicago company and I would receive it on Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon the unit showed up via FedEx and proceeded to malfunction - another unit has to be sent out. I should receive it today. I am now 5 days out of the hospital and still not being monitored. I was hoping to wear it for the next couple of weeks and then be told by my cardiologist I could take it off (I know I am dreaming - but ya gotta dream). But since my appointment is next Wednesday, I don't think a week is going to cut it. Drat! Oops, is my impatience showing again? The unit is actually rather cool (if it worked). It has three leads you attach in a certain pattern on your chest to these sticky contact discs. Then there is a little oval plastic piece that the leads connect to that you wear with a lanyard around your neck. There is a small cell flip phone that is the receiver, and you just pop it in your pocket or on your bed table - and you are set to go. As long as you are in a cell coverage area you are being monitored.
Mark's step-mom, Joyce, wrote to tell me she is also sensitive to chocolate and it will send her heart racing, too. I am jealous of people that can drink coffee or pop right up to bedtime and sleep like a baby. I hope you all know how fortunate you are!
I also hope you all know how blessed we are to have such kind, caring people in our lives. From rides to appointments to food for our meals we have been showered in blessings. It would be impossible to relate all the kindnesses done for us. Thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Jacque,

Do you need a ride tomorrow to your treatment?