Sunday, January 28, 2007

Another sunshiny day! OK, it's somewhere around 16 degrees - but the sun is shining and wind isn't blowing - a great day.
Mark took me to WalMart this morning for a little outing. We weren't gone long, but it was great to be out and about. Last night our friends, the O'Connors, spent the evening preparing supper and sharing it with us. It was yummy - and great to sit with old friends and talk. Diane and I watched a movie while the guys ran some errands - and while I got a little sleepy towards the end of the movie - it was all in all a fun evening.
My desire for a very quick turn around with my lungs isn't panning out. I know they are better - I just have to keep telling myself this - but they are still far from being what I could consider good. I did empty the dishwasher and reloaded it, so this in itself is another milestone. I may have to rethink my return to work this week. I want to be strong and ready when the time comes, so I may have to wait until next week. I will see. Either way, I hope to get to school to see my students and coworkers . It has been such a long time since I have seen them all - not since before Christmas break. Way too long in my opinion!
Take care - enjoy the day!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Jacque,
You just sound better and better each day and I'm sure it is because you are getting out and shopping and doing normal things. I am glad that you have rethought the going back to school thing. All the teachers reading this are thinking you are nuts to rush back! Sit back, get stronger and enjoy your free time. You'll be back soon enough and then you'll wish you could stay home! If you are in to cleaning, you can get over here and lend a hand!
Krista

Joyce said...

Glad you are rethinking the school thing. Like I said, it takes a lot of stamina when you are feeling normal, and not being up to par could set you back. Visit and that should ease your angst!!! That's what I did when I retired...just went back for a few hours and found I didn't miss it as much as I thought! I'll keep in touch via phone if you can talk. LOVE Joyce & Sam sends his too.

Melanie D. said...

We miss you...BUT...do not want you risking the progress you've made. We can make it another week -and will defnitely look forward to a visit! I hope you take care and continue to build that stamina. You'll be back to "normal" soon. I know it's hard, but you are doing such a good job of being patient!