Saturday, January 20, 2007

Home At Last

I am home at last. Mark, Matt and Courtney picked me up this morning around 10:00. I kept thinking it wasn't going to happen - even once I was in the car I was sure something was going to cause me to have to return. I kept taking my pulse - just to be sure - but it beat slow and steady.
It is so nice to be home. I have basically sat in my comfy chair all day except for the few minutes I laid on the couch. I feel very lazy and useless, but it is still great to be home.
Matt and Courtney had to head home to DesMoines mid afternoon to beat the snow, but it was great seeing them while we could. We had Arby's for lunch and my Market Fresh sandwich (OK, half of one) tasted delightful. After lunch Matt & Mark took down Christmas lights outside and Courtney kept me company. It was great.
Once the kids left, Mark spent the afternoon being a busy bee going to the grocery store, doing laundry & cleaning. He made a yummy spaghetti dinner for us, which smelled great, looked great and tasted great. He made the observation that obviously the hospital food must have been bad since I haven't had one problem enjoying food at home. I really don't understand why hospital food is so awful.
It took Oreo, our cat, until 5:30 before she would come to me without my picking her up. My neighbor, Carol, suggested that I probably smelled different, like the hospital, which makes sense. Mark has always been her favorite human, but I am sure come Monday (while Mark is at work) I will be her best friend.
It is snowing as I type. My dream from last week has come true. I am enjoying my comfy chair and comfy husband, and am looking forward to a night in my comfy bed. I appreciate your continued prayers for healing. Love to you all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacque,
Hurrah!!! I'm so glad to see that you're safely back home before the snowstorm started. We drove to Iowa City yesterday am to meet Stephanie and Heath and the boys. We had planned to stay until tomorrow but decided to get back here tonight before the storm. Plus, we didn't find out until after we'd checked in yesterday that the hotel pool was empty. It was very dissapointing for Paxson and not as much fun as we'd hoped. We'll see what happens with Heath's job possibilities.

Take care, stay warm, and let us know how you're doing.

Love, Donna

Patty Stone said...

Hallelujah! I can't count how many times I've checked this today for the final word. Glad you beat the snow. Looking forward to hearing from and seeing you when I can. DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF! Lots of love. Patty

Diane Muir said...

Well, praise the Lord! Nothing better than all the 'comfy's' of home. Enjoy the snow. Soul Seekers are supposed to sing in the morning? Think we'll have enough [giggle]? Yah ... I don't either. We'll see what happens. Talked to Jen tonight and told her we need to be ready to 'punt'.

And now that I've figured out how to get pics to you ... I'll get them up once in awhile. Too bad all I can do is church stuff, but I hate for you to be gone too long without seeing what's happening there, too! (I'm sorry, it's late, and I guess I'm a little punchy - and absolutely thrilled you are out of the hospital).

So ... good luck with being at home and not doing anything. It's much more difficult to sit still when you see things you 'think' you can be doing! Stop it!

Love, Diane M.

Melanie D. said...

Praise God! I'm so glad you are home. I honestly didn't even look after early yesterday morning because I was so afraid of bad news. I cried just now, reading your note. Picturing you enjoying that snow in your own home is wonderful. Congrats on getting sprung - I hope that you are on your way back to "normal". Take it easy and let others do for you.

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! The perfect place to be on a snowy day--at home, in front of the fire, eating good food!

Speaking of good food--we will be bringing you some! I guess I'm being presumptuous--I hope the food we bring is good :).

Enjoy your home. It is amazing how big the little things in life are when they get taken away.
Sharon

Melanie D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.