Saturday, January 20, 2007

Red Letter Day

I think it is finally going to happen! All three docs have been in to excuse me. Now I just have to wait for all the paperwork to go through. I am not going to believe it until I am sitting in my own home.
Greg came to see me yesterday and brought me lunch. We went for my first walk in the hallway in almost two weeks. He had to follow with me with a wheel chair, as the doc doesn't want me to become out of breath. I didn't make it very far, and Greg had to take me back. Then the aide took me for a walk and I made it a hallway length and a third before I had to resort to the chair. Last evening, Matt, my son, and Courtney, my future daughter-in-law were visiting me and Matt and I made it to the end of the hall and back with just a rest in the middle. This morning, I walked all the way around my floors hallway - just leaning against the wall to catch my breath a few times. I have been laying around so long, it is going to take some time for me to get my land legs back.
I appreciate your continued prayers and I look forward to talking to you all soon, as my lungs - and I - get stronger.

4 comments:

Patty Stone said...

Yay!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait to get an e-mail or whatever from you in your own bed or chair at home. Take it easy when you get there. Do not go into super hostess mode! Let me know if there is anything you want or need.

joanie skar said...

Congratulations!!! Home will make everything seem better- Enjoy your cozy chair, cozy P.J's and cozy Mark. Love ya and our prayers are with you.
God bless, Al and Joanie

JustAnotherDay said...

YAY!

JustAnotherDay said...

(hmmm that was strange!) I am soooo glad you get to come home! We are coming to get you right now!


Much love,

Courtney