Friday, January 12, 2007

Sigh

It looks like I will be spending the weekend in the hospital. My pulmonologist has decided to take a wait and see attitude on my lung to see if it will inflate on it's own. My cardiologist wants to do further testing, but has decided to wait until the lung is better.
All in all, I can't complain, I guess. I have a private room - which is much nicer than a long term stay I did a few years ago, where I had a roommate with an abdominal infection, who didn't like to bathe....and the room never got below 85 degrees due to construction being done on a floor above - yuck. So, I guess I am resolved - but I sure wish the food was better! I can hardly stand to look at (or smell) what is on the tray. Tonight Mark is bringing up pizza - thank the Lord! I can just tell the aide to take my tray away and avoid the smell/sight factor. :-)
I have to take time to give my coworkers a nod. For those that don't know (I know this blog has been passed to others who don't know me personally) I am a teacher of special needs students at Millard South High School, a school district in Omaha, NE. We have the same students for 4 years, so we get very attached. I haven't had to worry one bit about my students thanks to my co-teacher, substitute and paras (although I do miss interacting with them during the day). Another coworker stepped up and took over my re-eval testing. If you have read the comments, some people in my department have teased me about writing some of their IEPs (paperwork we must do on each individual student) since I am just lying around, but I know any one of them would do my student's IEPs for me if I asked. It is so nice to know that people have your back. They have all been awesome, and deserve kudos.
Dear friends and family, please pray for my lung to resolve on it's own, that the inflammation from the procedure heals quickly, and that my heart continues to stay in rhythm and stay strong. A few words about my cancer going into remission would be appreciated, too. God bless you all!

4 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Brenna and I said a special prayer for Miss Jacque. That her lung would feel better so she can go home to her own blankie. Brenna was concerned and would like to say hi and get better soon. She'd like to visit you too, but I told her we'd wait until you're home since she's too little visit the hospital. She seemed okay with that.

I'm sighing too. Yes, we are doing fine at school. But we miss you and want you back soon. Prayers and lots of well wishes from the Dostal house. ~Mel

Krista said...

Jacque,
I am snuggled up under my electric blanket watching the snow float thru the air down to the soft white ground just for you.
I have some Dutch Letters with your name on them and will get them to you as soon as you feel like nibbling on them.
I am thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery so you can go home and watch the snow from your own chair.
Krista

Di said...

I so admire how positive you have been through this long hospital stay. I don't think many people would have been able to continue your good attitude, but I guess that is because you are "ONE SPECIAL LADY", who our family loves. We continue praying for a full lung, a regular beating heart and of course remission. God is good and is holding you through this long stay. Fondly, Di

joanie skar said...

Hi Jacque:
Just a note to let you know tht we are praying for you. We hope to see you soon-hang in there!!!We love you. Al and Joanie