Thursday, January 25, 2007

Maybe It's Not The Chocolate!

My heart monitor arrived yesterday. I got it set up, called the company to activate and it seems to work pretty well until bedtime. Then it started beeping and misbehaving. A call to the company seemed to fix the problem and I went to bed. In the middle of the night, Mark and I were awakened by a phone call. It was the heart monitoring company wanting to know if I was OK. I guess I was having an 'episode' in my sleep. I assured her I was fine - had been fast asleep and had no symptoms to report. I asked her what had happened and she couldn't tell me. Now, it is my heart, why can't they tell me? The rest of the night the monitor kept flashing and beeping, not making for a restful night.
This morning, as I got up, my heart went into Atrial Fib - which means it is racing and beating erratically. That was at 6:45 and it is now 9:30ish and is still going to town. My monitor keeps making all kinds of beeping noises and it is getting very irritating. I am glad to be hooked up to be monitored, but if it is not going to allow me to get a good nights sleep - I don't know.....
These episodes usually last from 4 to 5 hours, so hopefully today won't be any different and it will calm down by my treatment time this afternoon.
It is somewhat sunny this morning, I can see the snow sparkling on the deck. It looks like it could be a beautiful day - for winter.
Have a good day - I continue to appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You poor thing, if it isn't one thing it's another, huh? Can you use a casserole or two? I promise not to put chocolate in it.

Or how about one of the Soul Seekers subs? This is the last weekend to order them and I'm happy to do that for you. They are always so soggy, geasy and GOOD!