Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday

It is Saturday, and while it is chillier & windier, the sun is shining.
My friend, Diane, took me shopping this afternoon. We started at Dillard's and moved on to Marshall's. While I had to walk very slowly, I was able to make it through both stores. Diane was very patient with my slowness and it was great to be able to go out to a 'real' store.
Mark and I have been enjoying meals every day brought by friends and coworkers. It has been so wonderful. Yesterday, a friend from work stopped by to drop off a lovely basket filled with popcorn and gift certificates to restaurants and Blockbuster from my department at work. So nice! I know I have said this before, but we are truly blessed to have such a supportive group of people behind us. I thank God for each and every one of you.
Diane and her husband, Steve, are returning tonight to fix supper and eat with us. It will be nice to have a normal evening with our dear friends.
While I can't say I can tell a huge difference between yesterday and today in my breathing abilities, I know that the shopping was a step in the right direction. I need to push myself just a little more each day in order to increase my stamina - and hopefully improve my lung function! The doc said it could be months before the fluid and air pocket disappear, so I am not sure how my lungs should feel. I just would like to be able to walk a little faster without gulping for air! I know - PATIENCE! Sigh.....
Have a great rest of the day - it is a beautiful one!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Now shopping at the mall is more like it. Thank Heavens for Diane for getting you out and about on this miserable frigid day. You guys could have come to the Founders Day luncheon!!! It was lovely and entertaining! I hope you found some bargains during your outing! I bet it did wonders for your healing to be out doing something normal with a good friend! Have a good weekend and keep healing!
Krista

Clint said...

Great to hear you're out and about!!!

Diane Muir said...

Well, I would say that shopping says "Welcome back to the real world!" And heading back to work? That will be an immense joy for you and for the kids. Congratulations!

Prayers continue ... regularly! Dan keeps the SS kids updated - it's good for him. --Love you! Diane

joanie skar said...

Jacque:
So glad to hear that you are getting out and moving around. Was nice to see Mark at Al's retirement party, but missed you. Take care and have a great day. Love and Prayers, Al and Joanie