Thursday, January 18, 2007

Update

My pulmonologist is back today after being out sick all week. It seems he had a medication reaction to Levitor rather than an illness. He has decided, because of the location of the air pocket, to wait a week to see if my body absorbs the air. He said it should. I asked if there was something to help with the inflammation and he said yes, he could give me steroids, but that might undo the procedure. If, next week, the inflammation hasn't gone down, then he will start steroid treatment.
The good news is I can go home as soon as the cardiologist releases me, which could be as soon as Saturday. The bad news is I am to speak as minimally as possible. I had noticed that talking a lot left me tired and winded, but I didn't want to admit it to myself since I enjoy gabbing so much. He suggested only limited visits from people, if at all. I guess this is a small price to pay to get to go home. So, dear friends and family, I am going to have to communicate with you all through email and blogs.
Once home I am still on rest and minimal activity (brush teeth, comb hair) - but the change of scenery will be great!
As a whole I feel pretty good. My intestinal system is still a bit out of whack, but seems a bit better each day. I look forward to being home where I can sit in my comfy chair, lay in my comfy bed and hug my comfy husband :-).
I so enjoy reading your comments and am so honored and amazed that so many are lifting me in prayer. Love and blessings to you all, Jacque

7 comments:

Diane Muir said...

Comfy ... that's such a great word. It brings up images of warm and fuzzy and soft and cuddly. So, really ... is this generally how you describe Mark? (big grin).

Even when I'm on vacation, and having a wonderful time, I can't wait to get back to MY couch and MY bed with MY animals. I can't imagine having to be a nomad. Mom used to tell me that I was a 'nester'. We moved a lot since Dad was a pastor. And the first thing I did was to unpack and set up my room. All of my things came out of the boxes and my bed was quickly made. I generally had it all completed by the first day. At least that way I could spend the next few days helping her, right?

We moved every four-six years back then. My reality now? Max moved into my existing abode. I've been married to him for nearly 13 years and have loved my home for nearly 19 years. It wins ... hands down! (hehe)

I'm glad you have a light at the end of this particular tunnel. It's the small steps that end up leading us down the long road, eh?

Love you, Diane Muir

Joyce said...

Sorry you are still there. I finally warmed up here in AZ...60 today. My girlfrien and I went to see Dreamgirls and out to lunch. We both loved the movie and the music was great.
I was on a "no-speakem" once and my sister said it was the best time....as I couldn't talk. Some sister eh? She thinks i talk too much, but she still loves me.
Sam and his buddy are off to the car auction in Scottsdale, so I am sure they are having a great time. We are going to use your gift...Dining Out card tonight and go to our favorite pasta restuarant. Wish I could do something for you, but we do pray for you daily. John said to tell you hello and he was thinking of you. We'll see he and Angela this weekend. Glad I can check up on you with your blog. LOVE

Patty Stone said...

Sorry I hadn't read this before I called you. I sure hope you go home Saturday. We all miss you!

Unknown said...

Good news about going home! I'm sorry to hear about the talking thing--and very glad I got to talk to you last night. I can't imagine someone restricting my talking--I think I would have to send everyone away and even then I talk to myself!

Just in case you haven't checked your school e-mail I did accomplish the task we talked about last night. We will get the brochure and letter printed this weekend and distributed next week.

I will stop by with Leave It to Beaver! Enjoy movies, books, music and just leave the talking to me!
Sharon

Di said...

Jacque,
These might be the hardest orders to follow....No talking!!!! How will we get along? Talking or shopping, they are right up there at the top of both of our lists. I am so delighted that by the week-end you might be home. We will all rejoice and I promise, try not to talk to you too much.
HOME SWEET HOME!
love ya, Di

Kaitlin said...

Jacque,
I'm so glad that you will FINALLY be able to go home! The minimal talking I know will sure be tough but just being home will be great. I just wanted to let you know that I'm always thinking about you. Stay strong, I know you will. Love you!
--Kaitlin

Melanie D. said...

No talking?! Good thing we discussed a bunch of stuff yesterday - I hope your typing won't be restricted!

TGIF! We'll be praying that tomorrow is a really big day for you and that we will be able to stop by your HOME for a short visit early next week!

Hang in there, you're rounding third!!!