Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Done!

The procedure is done! The actual procedure did not take very long and was painful, as was the following 15 minutes that I had to lay on my side, but once I was able to lay on my back the pain subsided. The pain is very minimal now and is being controlled with meds. Whew! Am I ever glad that is over! Now we wait to see if it was successful (I'm feeling very confident that it will be). I have to keep the drain until at least Thursday and I have no idea when I will be able to go home after that, but I am happy that I have reached this milestone.
That said, I think I will be up for visitors for anyone who was wondering. Thanks for the continued prayers.

3 comments:

pbates524 said...

Jacque,
Praise God it is over and the meds are effective! Donna shared your news w/me and you have been in my prayers. I hope to get up to see you before I go out of town.
Patti Bates
A fellow "C" survivor.

Di said...

Jacque,
I am so thrilled the procedure is over and you are not in a great deal of pain. Praise the Lord for that. We missed you last night at PEO. I will have to tell you all about Mary's cool house. So fun to get to see it.
We'll talk soon. Love, Di

slbair said...

Hey, Jacque, as you can imagine, when Carol got the news, we all got the news! I was glad she filled me in and gave me your Blog site. This is the first time I have ever even read a blog - I am slowly moving into the world of technology. It's great that things went so well today. I am a major coward when it comes to needles so I would have needed some very strong drugs. I'll keep you and your in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Sharon