Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 3

Day three after chemo has been uneventful. I put hems in four scarves and ran an errand. I decided to not take my anti-nausea pill to see if I needed it - and at least today, I didn't. I hope that tomorrow I will also not have to not take it. I figure the less chemicals I ingest the better. But believe me - if I begin to feel sick I will pop the pill! This afternoon my hips are starting to hurt, so I assume it will be a repeat of last time. The good news is, so far no heart palpitations. It would be great if that was a one time occurrence!

My friend Donna (a breast cancer survivor) had invited us to join her and her husband, Terry, at a concert for breast cancer survivors at the Holland Performing Arts Center tonight, but I knew it wouldn't be a good night for me. Our friends, Diane (also a breast cancer survivor) and Steve are going, though. I know it will be wonderful. Wish we could have joined them!

The errand I ran was to the battery store. Isn't it amazing that there is a store just for batteries? Mark's watch needed a replacement battery as did our cat's laser. Yes, I said our cat's laser. She LOVES the thing. In fact, if you open the drawer where we keep it she comes running. She will jump into the drawer if we don't get it out and paw and paw - I am not sure what she thinks she is doing. If we take pity on her and get the laser out to play with her she will chase the light up and down the steps and all around - and look so sad when you put it away. OK, we spoil her a little.

I have thought that so far I had pretty much avoided chemo brain (read about this in the New York Times) - until last night during my board meeting while writing thank you notes for Special Friends Prom. I couldn't believe how many mistakes I made in spelling, etc. The good thing is I could recognize my errors - but it was weird that my hands couldn't seem to do what my brain wanted them to do. It was also good that I had purchased plenty of thank you cards! If you ever need thank you cards - go to Michael's. You can get 10 cards and envelopes for a buck! You can't beat that! (Thanks Sharon for that tip!)

I have to gear up for the next couple of days. I was surprised last time how blue I got during my two bad days. I knew my side effects would be short lived, but I still felt down, and I am usually a pretty 'up' person. I suppose it may have been a drug induced reaction - well - let me pretend that's what is was at least!

1 comment:

JustAnotherDay said...

Hi Jacque!

So glad you are feeling well so far after your chemo treatment! Hopefully you won't feel icky this weekend.

Matt and I are heading up to MN tonight. Hopefully we can get some things figured out!!!
I forgot I was going to send you a ton of thank you notes!!! But 10 for $1 is pretty good!!

Love, Courtney