Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Today is the day set aside to remember those who have gone before us. My first thoughts go to my father, who died three years ago. There are many others, of course, who also are on my mind - and I will not attempt to name them all. But remembering those we loved or who had an impact on our lives is what today is about. Through our memories we keep them alive.

Today we also remember those who are, or have, served our country. Thank you to all who have given of themselves to this higher calling. Our nation would not be what it is today without your selfless sacrifice.

Today I also think of my friend Patty who has been fighting against her own personal beast - colon cancer. Patty - I love you and pray for peace for you and your family. You are a good friend and a wonderful co-worker. God speed as you prepare for the next leg of your journey. I am so blessed to know you.

Today I ask for your prayers for my cousin's grandchild - Morgan - who is in the hospital with a severe infection to her dialysis port. She is awaiting a donor for a kidney transplant. This little girl has been through so much in her young life.

Today was also a day of family. Greg, Jaime, Carolyn, Mark and I enjoyed a fillet dinner in our kitchen as we overlooked the newly stained deck (we couldn't sit out there yet as Mark finished it just a little before we started preparing the meal). It looks awesome - and I will post a pic as soon as we can get it put back in order. What a lot of work for Mark!

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

I hope you have a memorable memorial. Thanks for your thoughts.