Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes

What a difference a day makes! No overly low or high blood pressure, my energy is just about back to normal and my sore throat is 80% gone. So, maybe my z pack antibiotic has kicked in and that is what was causing my problems. Or, maybe the fact that I am now three days off of my heart rhythm medicine, or perhaps the chemo - who knows - I am just happy to be feeling better!

I exercised at the heart rehab center today. They put a monitor on you, take your blood pressure and then slowly start you exercising. They started me on a recumbent bike, and supposedly I was suppose to be 'warming up'. The tork on that machine felt like I was going up a mountain and my heart went zipping up. By the time the 5 minute 'warm up' was done I was almost trembling! Not wanting to look like a wuss I kept pedaling. When my 5 minute warm up was over I told the the nurse it had been awfully difficult, so she checked it, wasn't sure what happened. She reset it, I did another 5 minutes and it seemed better. As it turns out I was on the wrong bike. Whew! I thought I had turned into a real wimp (which in many ways I have, but not THAT bad!). I worked on a nu step machine and finished on an air dyne bike (which I find the seat extremely uncomfortable). We then stretched and did light weights. I felt great when it was all over. We then had a short class on the benefits of exercise. I didn't really learn anything new, but that's OK. I look forward to going on Friday!

I hit the grocery store and straightened up some drawers in the kitchen - not anything enormously productive - but it felt good to want to do something! I made pizza for supper and feel like I could do a few more things - but will probably watch one of the chick flicks I rented at the store today - and then watch American Idol. I am hoping that the guy gets booted tonight - his be-bopping gets a little old and I think the three ladies left are great (although I like Jordan and Melinda the best).

Enjoy the wonderful weather!

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Aw. I like Blake and was glad he didn't get kicked off. Guess it's just a matter of taste. To be honest, at this point, I was sad that Lakisha got kicked off too.

Everyone is really excited about your coming to the party next week - I hope that you feel AWESOME by next week. I'm really glad that your heart made it through your workout, that is exciting!

Melanie D. said...

I just realized you've done 130 posts! Wow...

Something I've seen a lot of bloggers do is celebrate their 100th post (which I missed by a mile) with a post called 100 Things About Me. I think you should. I'll be waiting...