Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Great Weekend!

Happy Mother's Day!
Matt, Greg & Courtney
Mark, Greg, Matt

Mark, Greg & Matt


What a nice weekend! Matt, Courtney and I went to Lincoln Saturday morning and Courtney decided on her wedding dress! She plans on purchasing it in Rochester as she has a coupon, plus they have NO SALES TAX on clothes - wow! It is just that the Lincoln store actually had the dress in stock for her to try on. We then surprised Mom by stopping by for a visit. I tried to call her early in the morning, but she had already left for breakfast and then didn't return as she went straight from breakfast and her morning coffee klatch to the weekly BINGO game held in their activity area. Luckily they hadn't started playing BINGO yet and she was so surprised and happy to see us. We had a nice visit for an hour or so back up in her apartment.


Mark kept busy while we were gone preparing the ground and pouring the concrete to repair the side pad to the driveway. Greg came to help and our wonderful neighbors, Larry and his son Pat, came over and assisted. It looks great!

Last evening, Matt, Courtney, Greg, Jaime, Mark and I went to eat at the China Buffet - which happens to be Mark's favorite restaurant. Because I have had to be so careful with salt we haven't been able to have any type of Oriental food, but now that I have been given the OK to increase my sodium intake (a little) I decided to go ahead and try it. I did the Mongolian grill so I could control the sauces and had many crab legs - it was SO tasty - especially after not having anything like it for a LONG time! When we got home, Carolyn joined us out on the deck to enjoy the beautiful evening. Too bad we can't have weather like this all year long - and NO I would NOT miss snow!
This morning Mark, Matt and Greg made breakfast for the ladies of the house (Carolyn, Courtney and me) for Mother's Day. They were quite the team working on our meal of hash browns, sausage, eggs and cinnamon rolls. Not the healthiest fare in the world, but it certainly tasted good!

As of today I am one week off my heart rhythm medicine, Ambioderone. Also, as of this writing, I have not had any instances of heart rhythm problems. I know this can change in a heart beat (pun intended) but am grateful I have come this far. The Ambioderone is known to possibly cause lung dysfunction, along with a host of other side effects, so I would love it if I could stay off of it. As Mark said, he is learning that medicine is not an exact Science and that it is just a matter of trial and error. Ain't that the truth.

3 comments:

Diane Muir said...

Industrious boys ... now that's how we like to see 'em! No, really ... how wonderful that you had a fun weekend with your family! The dress is picked out and tried on ... there's a lot of fun ahead for you!!!

Di said...

Jacque,
Sounds like a great Mother's Day week-end for you! Your boys made you proud I know. Quite the team work too.
I am thrilled that you are feeling so good and as always remaining so positive.
We love you all! hugs, di

Melanie D. said...

Thanks for the pics of your men hard at work! I'm glad you had a good weekend. This is another busy week for you, I know. Rest when you can so I can put you to work later in the week!!!