Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nice Day

Tonight I am bone tired. I had difficulty falling asleep last night (I was thinking about my friend, Patty) and then woke up early. I went to my cardio exercise class and then hurried home to shower and get ready to go to school to visit the students on their last day (they were released at noon). Then there was a staff luncheon and presentations to those leaving and I was given a nice pen and pencil set and was told I would receive a watch since I retired. Normally the watch is given at the retirement party held earlier in the month, but since I didn't decide until just last week that I was retiring, I missed being included.

After the luncheon I helped Melanie think through a couple of things for next year and then we headed over to the year end party at one of our coworkers homes. It is rare that our department has time to kick back, relax and enjoy each other's company - it is a hard working group - so this afternoon was especially enjoyable! I was brave and nursed one Mikes Hard Lime through out the afternoon. So far I haven't had any heart issues - but time will tell!

It is only 6:15, but I think I could go to bed right now. Hopefully I will get a bit of a second wind and make it until at least 8:00! All in all it was a nice day.

2 comments:

joanie skar said...

Jacque:
I am so sorry for the loss of your two friends. We will keep them and their families in our prayers. Take care and know that you, Mark and the kids are in our prayers. Enjoy the summer and the cool evenings. Love ya and God's blessings and peace.
Al and Joanie

Melanie D. said...

I'm glad that you came yesterday! Although I feel like crap this morning (I wonder why?) I had a fun night. Monica drove me home around 8:30. Back to work this morning - I've got to have a very PRODUCTIVE 3 hrs before heading over to YAP. I'll see you there!