Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All's Quiet....

All is quiet on the southern front - no twinges - no cramps. In fact, no anything, so it looks like we have swung the other way. Sigh......



Made it to cardiac rehab this morning - and actually did pretty well considering it is the third day after chemo. Last time on this day I had to slow all my exercises down and was pretty wimpy. Today I was able to stay at the recommended speeds and levels - so that was good. By the time I got home, though, I was tired and after a little computer time kicked back and took a nap. I am a bit achy, but nothing terrible. Just very tired. My only accomplishments this afternoon has been getting some dates set for some events next year on whose boards I sit and polishing my fingernails. Not too impressive.

Matt has decided to come home for a few weeks in July before he moves up to St. Paul for law school. It will be nice to have him home for a bit. Having him 6 hours away will make visits a little farther and fewer between. He is excited, though, and is looking forward to starting this next educational adventure. Hopefully Courtney will be able to come to Omaha for a weekend or two while he is here so we can visit with her, too.
The weather outside looks gloomy. Cloudy and darkish. There has been a smattering of rain, but not much. Guess I would rather have it like this on a day I don't feel like moving much than all sun shiny and beautiful. Just two more 'icky' days to make it through and I will start the climb back out of the land of chemo side effects. Wish me well!

3 comments:

Rosebud said...

They bring us up, they bring us down..Those Chemo drugs dealers..LOL
Hugs to you and rest..rosebud

nikkis30by30 said...

Never underestimate the power of pretty fingernails!!

I am so glad that you are feeling better than expected with this round. I was talking to Mel about you the other day and she told me that you are normally down and out for about 5 days after a round of treatment. What a blessing that this time around it isn't as bad as normal.

Lay around and watch the clouds go by. Read a book. Take a nap. Watch a chick-flic. Above all.... drink fluids and TRY to snack, if even just a little tiny bite here and there.... the effects of NOT doing so are AWFUL as I was a witness not 24 hours ago.

Prayers for a speedy recovery!! ~N~

Diane Muir said...

Ok ... yea that things are going better. Yea that you did well at rehab. A nap. You know, that 3 letter word is the coolest word ever! And to think that we hated it in kindergarten.