Sunday, June 24, 2007

This and That

The tour of Boulevard Brewery was fun. It is amazing how this company has grown in the 20 years it has been in business. A little trivia - Boulevard makes as much beer in a year as Anhieser Busch makes in a day. As our tour guide explained, they are not trying to compete with AB - they are filling a niche'. We got to taste the different beers that they make, but their wheat beer is still my favorite and Mark's favorite of what they make (his all time favorite is Amber Bock or Dundee Ale).

After the tour we stopped at a shoe store called Bob Jones. It was HUGE -especially the guys section. All the guys in our group found shoes to buy. Of the gals, only Bonnie found a pair. I was discouraged as none of the places we went had many of my gun boat sized shoes - and I was prepared to buy a few pair! Oh well - money saved. You would think retailers would get a clue and stock more of my size (11). I know that many of the younger set have larger feet. Of course, I wouldn't want their style shoes - I think I would look a little ridiculous in 4" platform wedges (not to mention I would probably break my neck).

After a quick trip to Crown Center mall we headed to the Plaza to have lunch. We ended up at a barbecue place. The food was good - but to be honest Mark and I still like Famous Dave's ribs better. However, the baked beans were to die for!

Today was a catch up day. Mark did a bunch of things around the house that I am not able to do and I did what I could to help. I went to the grocery store and then came home and made a meal to put in the fridge until later. Then Mark, Carolyn and I went to a Chad and Elaine Stoner concert. It was wonderful! I wish I would have invited a bunch of people. You might remember that this couple was on my list of favorite music. Chad plays a mean sax and Elaine has the voice of an angel and plays piano. They have started a ministry called Release that helps troubled teens who have found themselves in the court system. This concert was to raise awareness and money for their ministry. The message Chad gave was heartfelt and the music was heavenly.

Tomorrow I see my cardiologist and Tuesday I have my scans to see if my chemo is working. Mom has her surgery on Thursday. Your prayers are always welcomed.

1 comment:

Rosebud said...

Good Luck Tuesday..I'm praying for ya..rosebud