Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hard Copy Report

Received the report from my scans in the mail today. Nothing the nurse didn't convey, really, except it says no sign of abnormal abdominal glands, which I am pretty sure wasn't true the last time, so that is a good thing. It doesn't mention the spots I had previously in my lungs from four years ago that have remained stable, so am curious why they weren't mentioned, unless they were lumped in with the new spots. As Mark says, it takes someone with a medical degree to really interpret these things.

My Onc's nurse called me back finally yesterday afternoon to say Dr. Silverberg would call me on Sunday to discuss my concerns. I really do appreciate his taking the time to speak with me since he isn't even back to work, yet, and maybe it is a good thing that I will have the reports in my hands when we speak. My next treatment is Monday, so please send up prayers that the chemo kicks my cancer's behind.

Had a nice lunch today at Grandmother's restaurant with a former student of mine and her mom. Leah, the student, turns 25 tomorrow, so I got to help her celebrate her birthday! We had a lovely visit and caught up on all that has been happening to her. She is quite an accomplished piano player and played, again, this year at a national Band of Angels convention in Detroit for people with downs syndrome. She gave me a tour of her apartment in the basement of her family's home and she and her mom, Cindy, played a piano duet version of The Wind Beneath My Wings for me.

A quick 'funny' about our travels to the restaurant. I volunteered to drive so I could show off my new car. Leah asked me about two restaurants and I suggested she pick. Well, she said Grandmothers, but my chemo brain thought Garden Cafe. WRONG! So I am just ready to pull into the restaurant and Cindy said - 'Were you thinking Garden Cafe? Leah said Grandmothers.' Sheese! So we took off for Grandmothers - which is luckily not too far away. So we are chatting away and I drive right by the entrance to the restaurant. Poor Cindy was probably REALLY questioning whether she and her daughter should have been riding in a car with such a crazy driver!

Melanie tagged me to write 8 things about myself. I am going to leave that for tomorrow - so look for it then,Mel.

I am going to kick back and try to take a little snooze. We are going out to eat tonight on the patio at Spezia's to enjoy the beautiful weather and I want to be awake for that! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I hope you are out enjoying your dinner right now. It has been a beautiful weather weekend!

Our thoughts and prayers continue for you. Your doctor is pretty special to be willing to call you on Sunday. I hope he did!

I can't wait to read your 8 things tomorrow!
Sharon