Sunday, June 3, 2007

Unhealthy Eating

Last night was my friend, Diane's, retirement party. Our whole family was there since Diane, Steve, and the girls are just like family. A fun time was had by all. She had a great turn out - even though the weather was a bit uncooperative. My family was impressed that I was able to stay awake the whole evening - in fact - we were the last to leave (other than a couple of Kaitlin's friends). Of course, today I am a bit tired around the edges - but that's OK!

Today we met Mark's step mom and her husband, Sam, for lunch at Famous Daves in Bellevue. Matt, Courtney and Greg came also to visit with their Arizona grandma. After lunch, Matt and Courtney headed back to DesMoines from the restaurant and Greg headed back to the frat. Mark and I drove through some car dealerships to check out new cars (mine is starting to show signs of kicking the bucket) for a bit before heading home. Now, I am feeling very lazy.

I told Mark that I haven't had one healthy meal all weekend. I have had Mexican, brats, appetizers, ribs, and tonight - pizza. I can see a water pill in my future. But Mark's question was - did you have fun? to which the answer is - most definitely YES!

2 comments:

Rosebud said...

Seems like I found your blog too and I'm so glad I did.

Melanie D. said...

I'm glad that you had a good weekend. It sounds like your heart cooperated too - which is doubly good! I'm feeling a little disjointed - not quite sure what to do with myself! I can't believe it's finally summer. But I think I can live with it. :-)