Friday, June 1, 2007

TGIF

Peg's funeral was a nice celebration of her life. Peg was such a sweet lady. One of my students, Dan, met me at the church and we sat together. He was so sweet, and so appropriate. His mom should be proud.

Tonight is the visitation for Patty. I plan on going early as Matt and Courtney are visiting from DesMoines. They should be here around 7:30 so I want to be home when they get here.

I had a great nights sleep last night - finally! I went to bed around 8:30 and read for awhile, then it was lights out until 6:00 this morning. Heavenly! I still feel tired around the edges, but I am sure this is the chemo doing a number on my red blood cells. I ran a few errands this afternoon and stopped at the grocery store to stock up for the weekend.

For everyone working - TGIF! For those of us 'retirees' - what day is it? (I seem to forget the day and date quite often.)

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I'm 2 days into summer and forgetting what day it is already.

I will see you in the morning. And will be glad when tomorrow is through.

Tomorrow marks 6 years for Jay and me. My how the time flies.

Diane Muir said...

Congrats on the sleep. Isn't it amazing what a good night's sleep does for the spirit? And maybe we need to re-set your computer clock to continually remind you of the day! {grin}