Saturday, June 16, 2007

Jobbers & Kaneko

Today was interesting - rather strange. I went to lunch with a group of my PEO sisters. We had a social with another PEO chapter. We had lunch at Jobbers Canyon in the Old Market and then went to the Kaneko Art Center. I will be the first to admit I have never heard of Jun Kaneko - the artist who is founding this center. It is located at the edge of the Old Market in a large warehouse. Jun Kaneko is a ceramics artist and his pieces run from $15,000 to over $100,00. Needless to say, none of us came away with any of his art! However, his concept for his center is quite interesting and it will be exciting to follow it's creation.

Now the strange part had nothing to do with lunch, PEO or the Center. It had to do with how I felt. I thought I felt pretty darn good - until after lunch. Then I just felt like a wet noodle. Luckily, one of the gals from the other PEO chapter drove me down to the Art Center from Jobbers - I don't think I could have made it walking with the rest of the gals. Then she drove Mary and I up to the parking garage to get Mary's car (who had kindly driven me to this event). I was able to find a folding chair at the Art Center, and spent most of my time sitting. Sigh - I just HAVE to remember that I am not myself on day six after chemo - no matter how badly I WANT to be. Three other PEO sisters rode with Mary and I, so we had a nice visit. All in all it was a fun day - even though I was a wimpy puppy.

4 comments:

Diane Muir said...

So, I wonder HOW you create a market that will pay that kind of money for a clay pot? Sheesh {grin}. Should be pretty cool, though that Omaha is getting him here. Hope you have recuperated from your wimpy puppy day! Just so you know ... normal people don't push it that hard after chemo. You're quite supernormal!

Stephanie said...

Hi Jacque!
Sorry I've been away for so long. It's always good to hear from you! I'm trying to enjoy my break. We cooked dinner for my grandfather and had a lovely time. Hope you enjoyed your time with your DH! God is able, Stephanie

Melanie D. said...

I'm back! Just catching up on your week...sounds like it went okay - but not great. A weak week.

Glad to be home, hopefully we can catch up this week!

nikkis30by30 said...

Wimpy?!? Oh honey you are anything but wimpy. You are, however, human, and that's the hard thing; Remembering that we aren't robots that can just get up and running. I am happy for you that you are doing a little better than you had expected. That's always a great road to recovery.... feeling better sooner than expected. I am so happy for you!!