Friday, June 8, 2007

Lazlo's for Lunch


Another busy day! It started at Cardiac Rehab after which I raced home to shower and be ready to head out to lunch with friends. Diane, Mary, Annette and I went to Lazlo's for lunch. If you remember, this is where the Brabecs, O'Connors and we had a wonderful evening bantering with the owner on Steve's birthday. Well, guess what? Jeremy, the owner, was there. We called him to our table introduced Mary and Annette and that was all she wrote. What a nice guy. He visited (and bantered) with us and totally charmed our friends. He stopped by often to make sure everything was OK and then gave us a free dessert - strawberry shortcake - and coffee for those that wanted it. What a nice guy. I think he won himself two new recruits for future restaurant visits as well as a job prospect for Mary's son! Annette was a naughty girl and grabbed the ticket and treated us all to lunch - and WE had invited HER! Thank you, Annette.


After lunch, Diane and I ran to the Marshall's on North 72nd to get some shoes she had seen but hadn't purchased on our 'crawl' on Monday. When I got home, Carolyn and I headed to Lowe's to get tomato cages, plant food and tree spray. I can now say I am officially tired!


The weather is suppose to to be beautiful tomorrow in Omaha. I hope you have as equally fine of a forecast where ever you live!

3 comments:

Di said...

What a fun day we had. The glorious weather added to the beauty! I agree, I think Jeremy has two new customers.
I did not realize your night had been so rough with your heart tap dancing. Strange how you can't even explain what triggered it. Mary had that word for us at lunch but I have already forgotten it. Great memory I have. Love ya, di

Melanie D. said...

I love Lazlo's! Such yummy food! Glad that you had a great day. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Annette said...

I had such an incredibly fun time!! Thank you so much for including me in the outing! I promise not to grab the bill next time. Thanks again for a great time!
Annette