Monday, June 18, 2007

From Cars to Scans

I am so excited! Mark and I bought a new car yesterday! Mine was showing it's age and it was time. We purchased a Toyota Camry from Performance Toyota. If you are in need of a car, may I suggest you stop by Performance and ask for Ken Knotts? What a nice salesman. He wasn't a bit 'smarmy' and so helpful. He didn't play games - went to bat for us to get us a great price - and was very accommodating. The only part that wasn't enjoyable was the amount of time I had to spend in the dealership waiting for everything to get wrapped up. My appointment was at 2:00 and I left (in my new car) some time after 5:00. This, remember, is after I spend two hours at the doctors office in the morning. The difference, though, is that I accomplished something in the afternoon! I got a new car! Yea!

My neighbor, Carol, called me after reading yesterday's blog to say she, too, had a strange doctor's appointment when she had to go on disability. Her doc, however, had a heart attack right after she left so she had to go back and have another exam with a different doc. After comparing notes we discovered her first doc and mine was the SAME DOCTOR!!!! OK, now I am convinced his brother works for the state. What a waste of money!!!! Carol said she too was made to wait an inordinate amount of time and then she didn't want the doc to touch her as he was so dirty. YUCK!

Mom called this morning to say her knee replacement removal surgery has been rescheduled for Thurday, June 28. Right now she is suppose to be at the Omaha Med Center at noon. Prayers please!

One week from today I have my scans to see if the chemo is shrinking my tumors. People keep asking how long I will have to be on chemo - and as I have said before - one kind or another for the rest of my life. I am praying that this chemo is working and that I can stay on it until I am NED (no evidence of disease). There is that possibility that I will be told that I am stable - which means that the cancer isn't growing. Stable would be a good thing, but not as good as it's shrinking or gone. If I can get to NED there is the possibility that I would be able to stop chemo and start taking Aroma Inhibitors (drugs like tamoxifin or femara) which have their own set of side effects but not as toxic as chemo. These are given as a daily pill or a once a month shot. So, my prayer warrior family and friends, I humbly request a flurry of prayers for healing - specifically on the the way to NED. If this isn't to be, then I ask for prayers for peace with stable and/or strength for a new chemo. You are so appreciated! In my friend Stephanie's words - God is able!

5 comments:

Melanie D. said...

And God has made you so able. I still believe that this chemo is doing it's thing - because you are doing yours! NED - here you come! If not this time, definitely next.

Every seen Bye Bye Birdy? I've Got a Lot of Livin' To Do is the song in my head right now, as I think of you. Music to play, places to go, people to see...

Anyway - I'll talk to you soon.
Congrats on the car - post a pic!

Diane Muir said...

A new car? I'd say that's quite the reason to party. I hope that you have a blast in that!

So, you have to have a doctor explore around you - and you don't trust him near you. Hmmmm ... that makes no sense! Icky, icky, icky!

AND I'M PRAYING!!!

nikkis30by30 said...

Prayers prayers and more prayers. YOU keep working hard and keep the thoughts positive, and we will all do our jobs on our knees asking God to help you along!!! Ooooh how I hope your blog in a week says NED (Or even SHRINKING) in the subject line!!

Isn't it amazing (and almost silly) how a new car can make you feel so great about life?!?! Like a kid again!! Congrats!!! Camrys are great cars!

Anonymous said...

Good to talk to you today! I'm so glad you're feeling good enough to go out and deal on that new car! You deserve a special treat right now, so enjoy it.

We'll all be praying for a good PET report next week. Let me know what works for you for lunch.

Rosebud said...

You know I'm praying..I just love that new car smell..Hugs rosebud