Monday, June 4, 2007

Store 'Crawl'

Wow, am I tired. But, it's a good tired because I had a very fun, busy day.

I started out going to cardiac rehab and worked out. As I got in my car at the hospital, my cell phone was ringing and it was my friend, Diane. She has decided to dabble in retail and has taken a very part time job at Cold Water Creek - now that she is an officially retired lady. She was on the 'call' list today, where she had to call to see if they needed her to work. Well, they didn't! so we decided to do our discount store 'crawl' that we have been planning, but just couldn't seem to get a time when we both were available. When I got the word that Diane was free I ran home, showered, and was ready just in time for her to pick me up. Omaha now has two TJ Max and two Marshalls, plus a Steinmart and we hit all five - along with having a quick lunch at Don & Millies. As I said, it was fun - but tiring! I also hit the grocery store, and I don't think I could move another muscle right now. What a wimp! I found a few summer tops for myself and a shirt, shorts and jacket for Mark to try.

Chemo has been doing a number on my vision. I got new glasses and contacts right at the beginning of my treatments. Everything was fine until about a month ago my vision starting tanking. I knew it was the chemo, but they have steadily gotten worse - everything looks 'smudgy'. Well, I was reading my breast cancer discussion board this morning and one of the topics was about vision. Someone said that she was told the vision problems are caused by overly dry eyes and that her doc gave her prescription eye drops that helped a lot. I bought some over-the-counter gel lubricating eye drops at the grocery store and put them in my eyes while sitting in the car in the parking lot. Oh.... my....goodness! I couldn't believe how much better I could see! Of course, the effect didn't last long - but obviously this is, at least part of, the problem.

Mom's surgery is this Wednesday to have her knee joint replacement removed until the infection is cleared up. The docs will then, hopefully, replace the joint. Her operation will be done at the Med Center here in Omaha and then, once she is released from the Med Center, she will be at Madonna, in Lincoln, for 6 weeks getting IV antibiotics. She will then have another 6 weeks of healing time before they will consider going in to replace her knee joint. We do not know yet where she will spend these last six weeks - it will depend on how much assistance she will need.

Carolyn, my mother in law, is still having some issues with her back. She stirred things up when she took the fall at Granite City. She is going to have an epidural tomorrow to try to get some relief, so I know she would also appreciate prayers on her behalf.

Thank you, everyone! Prayer is a powerful thing!

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

Prayers for your moms!

A day of shopping...sounds like fun!