Saturday, June 2, 2007

Goodbye, Patty

Patty's funeral was this morning. Pastor Doug did a beautiful job summarizing Patty's life of serving others. She was a gentle woman with a big heart. A proud mother and dedicated to the students at our school. She was proud of our students, too. I shed enough tears this morning to last a long time - but I am sure they will not be my last ones I shed for my dear friend. Our Chancel Choir sang a beautiful song - but not the one she wanted. I feel bad, as I think perhaps I dropped the ball. She told me many times that she wanted the choir to sing a certain rendition of Amazing Grace that it had sang a while back. I assumed she had told others - but since a different song was sung - I must have been the person in the know. I am sorry Patty.

During her eulogy, Pastor Doug shared a small story to illustrate Patty's caring for others. He said not long ago he had asked her how she was, to which she answered her typical 'I'm fine' but added 'But we really need to pray for Jacque'. Oh my. I barely held back a sob. Dear Patty - always concerned for others over herself. I will SO miss you, my friend.

1 comment:

Diane Muir said...

Well, you've had a couple of emotional days! I'm sorry for the loss of your friends. How do people make it without faith and without the knowledge of heaven? I just simply don't get it. Whew! That's a frightening thought!