Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hearts, Decks and Other Things....

My heart decided to act up during the night. I initially had trouble falling asleep - felt a little wired - so it may have already started with the rapid heartbeat but I didn't recognize it. I woke up at 1:00, went to the restroom, and when I laid back down I felt it start whirring. I took a recovery pill, waited fifteen minutes, and it was still tap dancing, so I took another recovery pill. Fifteen minutes later I thought it might have slowed down a bit so went out to the kitchen where I keep my digital blood pressure machine. My blood pressure was super high, I was in A Fib and my pulse was 110. I sat and took my BP every couple of minutes and my BP dropped as did my heart rate. When I felt like everything was stable I went back to bed. I slept intermittently - not very restful. When I woke up this morning I could feel my heart whirring again, so got pillows, propped myself up and tried to sleep a bit more. By the time I got up it had stopped acting up. It seemed to me that if I wasn't laying down it would go back into rhythm. I don't have any explanations this time - no chocolate, caffeine or alcohol. I guess sometimes there just isn't an easy explanation!


Some of you have asked for pictures of the deck. It was finally a nice, sunny day, so I here are some pics. It looks brand new. In fact, if you look at the bench in the picture below you can see the color the wood on the deck was before Mark toiled so long and hard on it. Hopefully, the bench will get a coat of stain soon.


I spoke with Mom and she is still feeling poorly. She said she was running a temp of 101 yesterday and has just been resting today. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and she will start to feel better. What a blessing she didn't have her surgery and then come down with this!

My friends and PEO sisters, Donna and Cindy, are back from their trip to Africa! Donna said the one thing she will always remember was the smiling faces of the people - and how appreciative they were of what they were trying to do. If you remember, Cindy has founded and is supporting a women's hospital - and while there they also visited schools and orphanages. I am so proud of them!

Monday is my next treatment. Thanks to all who keep me in their prayers. You are all appreciated!

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

FABULOUS DECK! Oh ... that just looks yummy. The one thing I'm going to miss about being in the 'Creative Suite' is an open window and sunlight. We're going to work hard on figuring out how to access the skylight over the offices.

We need to create an "I'm not sleeping" chat room online. I talk to more people that are randomly up in the middle of the night. Maybe it would help us all relax and just go back to sleep!

Melanie D. said...

The deck looks great. Kudos to Mark for all of his labor! I can't believe it's already time for your treatment again. That seemed fast this time. Not that we had ANYTHING else going on in the last 3 weeks. Glad your heart is back to normal. Get lots of R&R this weekend to try and gear up for another round! You're doing great - REALLY great!