Saturday, June 23, 2007

Kansas City, Ks

Hello from Kansas City! The Brabecs, O'Connors and Nielsen's have ventured to the big KC for Jazz in the Woods to see Euge Groove - an awesome sax player. Euge's full name is Eugene - which is Mark's middle name. He has always disliked his middle name (he wouldn't tell me what it was until we were engaged) so now he thinks it's a cool name and from this point on wants to be known as Mark 'Euge' Nielsen. (Euge is pronounce like 'huge' without the h.) We shopped yesterday for a bit and went to the concert. Today we are hitting the Boulevard Brewery and a bit more shopping before heading home this afternoon.

The concert was great. It was an outside concert at Corporate Woods and the evening couldn't have been more beautiful. The only down side for me was my heart was acting a bit 'funny'. Not A Fib, but skipping beats and a little short of breath. My best guess is my red blood count is probably low - I was told 14 days after treatment is usually the worst time and I am at 13 today. I also slept lousy the night before so perhaps I was just fatigued. As always - who knows....

We stayed at the Embassy Suites and the beds were comfy - I slept hard all night - and we had a good hot breakfast this morning (ES has an inclusive breakfast buffet and omelet station). Last night was a social hour, so we had drinks and snacks before heading out to the concert. All in all, Embassy Suites is a comfortable, affordable way to have a little pampering.

Time to head out. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Diane Muir said...

I hope YOU had a great day! What fun. I wanted to leave something clever about cat poop yesterday, since it still cracks me up. But ... alas, nothing clever came to mind!

Melanie D. said...

Have FUN! That sounds like an awesome trip. As a former sax player (8 yrs) I would love to hear someone GOOD play! :-)

Talk to you soon!

Jenster said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! Not much better than a jazz concert.

My WBC was always down two weeks after treatment. That must be the magic number.