Sunday, June 10, 2007

I didn't get a post done yesterday as I was fairly busy and didn't get home until late last night. Mark spent the morning and part of the afternoon doing things in the yard and I spent time watering plants, clipping dead flowers, and washing bird droppings off the deck ( I swear the birds like the deck better now that Mark has it all lovely). Then Mark graciously was my personal gardener as we went around the house and I pointed out what needed to be thinned. I pulled enough that my arm is a bit sore today (what a wimp) but the yard looks great.

We then went off to an afternoon wedding of a gentleman that works with Mark. It was lovely and we went to the reception for just a bit but had to get home to change clothes to go to the Taste of Omaha with the O'Connors. What a great night! It was held at the Riverfront and ConAgra Campus. We parked at the Gallup campus and rode a shuttle to the Riverfront. The place was really hopping! The guys were off purchasing tickets (how you paid for your food and drink) and Diane spotted a table that opened up - we grabbed it and we were set! Mind you, there were not nearly enough tables and chairs available for the crowd that was there, so fortune really smiled on us as I don't do well standing for too long.

There was an oldies band playing - just far enough away that we could still hear our conversation and it was close to the beverage and food tents. Absolutely perfect! Diane and I had tequila lime chicken skewers and bruschette from the Grillhouse tent and Mark and Steve had steak and ribs from Coltons. The prices were very reasonable and the food good! The weather couldn't have been more perfect - sun shiny, low humidity, just right temp and a very light breeze. Our table was in a shaded spot, so no worries about getting hot or a burn.

There was another area of food at the ConAgra campus, but we didn't wander from our coveted table and chairs. When someone got up to get something we would be asked over and over if we needed the temporarily vacated chair. All in all it was a fun evening! It is still going on today, so if you can get down there I would recommend it! There is a midway and gift vendors, too.

I don't have anything too exciting planned for today. I am being a heathen again as I intended on going to church this morning but slept too late. I decided I would go to the late service, but time has a way of getting away from me anymore and it was minutes before it was to start when I realized what time it was (and I am still in my pjs). I will go next week for sure as our church's youth choir give's it's end of summer tour concert. This is the group that I directed for three years and then was a sponsor for back when my kids were in it. The group is in Colorado right now on tour. There are suppose to be pictures posted tonight of concerts they did last night and today, so go to Faith-Westwood if you are interested.

Tomorrow is my next chemo. I hope that my onc will order scans so we can see if this treatment is working. Prayers are appreciated!

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I hope that your treatment goes well and that time passes quickly this week! I'm bummed that we'll still be out of town next weekend, I would love to come see the youth concert. Ah well, we'll do it another time. We're off on Wednesday through Sunday...but call me if you need anything Monday or Tuesday. I can do taxi service, bring you anything you might need...whatever. You know where to find me!!!

Rosebud said...

I know your treatment will go well!!! You are always in my prayers..rosebud