Friday, June 29, 2007

No Phone Call

Disappointment is my middle name right now. It is 3:15 on Friday and I haven't heard from my oncologist or received the scan reports in the mail. I called the oncologist's office this morning to remind them that the onc nurse had said that Dr. Silverberg was going to call me on Wed. or Thurs., and the receptionist 'reminded' me that he was out on medical leave. I explained what the nurse had told me and she said she would look into it. I haven't heard from either one of them. When the scan report didn't arrive in the mail today I called and asked for the onc nurse I spoke with Wednesday morning, and was told she wasn't in today. Sigh.... Guess I am just going to have to wait until Monday's appointment.

I am tired today. I went to my cardiac rehab and did fine, but I just feel very lazy. I know that the chemo has an accumulative effect, and fatigue is one of the side effects, but it is cramping my style.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacque,
I'm sorry you've had two long days waiting to hear from Dr. Silverberg. Hang in there, enjoy your weekend with this beautiful weather and we'll pray you'll hear back from him Monday. I know this waiting game is no fun. We'll also keep your Mom in our prayers for her condtion to improve so she can get the surgery over with.
It's all in His hands!
Love, Donna

Melanie D. said...

Not to mention that waiting around for a dumb phone call is cramping your style! I don't like when I just repeat what I am told and people act like I'm acting entitled. When I'm just repeating what I was told! I hope that Monday brings you the information and relief that you need! I also pray that Dr. Silverberg can get his health back in order so that he can come back to work. That must be FRUSTRATING!

Talk to you soon. We're off on our Wild West vacation this week (okay, just Cheyenne!) but maybe we can make plans to get together some time in July?

Time is slipping away from me and summer is going with it!!!

Melanie D. said...

Something to do while you're not getting phone calls...I've tagged you for a meme over at my place.
:-)

Di said...

Jacque,
So very hard to wait......I feel for you and wish we could have made that phone call happen before the week-end. It is hard to think of anything else when you are playing the "waiting game".
I guess that just means we need to figure out something fun to do to distract you??? Any ideas?
hugs, di

Gina Maisano said...

I wish doctors knew what they are doing to us when they make us wait. Do they think we have put it out of our minds? We haven't!

Jacque, I am so sorry you are going through this now.

I keep hearing Tom Petty's "The Waiting is the hardest part" playing in my head.

Hugs to you,
Love,
g