Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Coincidence?

Have you ever said 'That was a coincident!'? I am sure we all have. However, as I have matured I have come to recognize these coincidences as 'God moments'. This morning, I picked up my devotional book to read before starting to get ready for my scans - which were given to see if the cancer is being effected by the chemo I am receiving. Here is the first part of that devotional, entitled Surrendered.
"It was the day I would find out if the cancer was growing, or shrinking. I put on the hospital robe and stood shivering in the bathroom (the shivers being a combination of fear and cold)........"
Tears immediately sprang to my eyes. I felt loved and cradled and am so thankful that God had sent me this devotion on the morning I needed assurance. No, I don't think this is a guarantee that all is well with the scans (however, I am hopeful) but it spoke to me that no matter what, He is with me.
The prayer accompanying this devotion was the perfect way to start my day. Here it is:
Lord, I thank You for my life. You know the desires of my heart, and I lift them up to You now. I pray, that if it is Your will, for the cancer to leave my body.
How grateful I am that I can surrender my desires into Your loving care. I am so thankful I can rest secure in the fact that You are faithful. You tell me to cast my cares and anxiety on You because You care for me. Great is Your love, Lord, higher than the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let Your glory be over all the earth.
Be glorified in my life as well. I really want my will to be Your will. Grow me up this day so that my will is molded into Yours. Whatever You have in store for me, give me the strength to accept it and to glorify You every step of the way. You truly do understand my hurts, my fears, my pains as You made the ultimate sacrifice for me. Thank You for guarding my heart and my mind with Your peace.
Coincidence? I don't think so.

7 comments:

Di said...

Wow............I am sure it was not a "Coincidence"!!! God was with you and has been with you and your family (and friends) every step of the way. You have been a role model to all of us Jacque, as to how to handle adversity. You make us all very proud to know such a strong, faith filled woman. Prayers will continue to be sent up as you wait for results of your scans.
hugs, di

Melanie D. said...

Wow. Goose bumps.

I hope that all news is good. God has your back regardless.

Love ~ Mel

Diane Muir said...

Oh my ... how can we ever question Him?

Krista said...

I am once again getting caught up on what you have been facing and you gave me the chills today! I will be thinking about you until you know the results. With your positive attitude and trust in God, you can't go wrong!
I'll say a prayer tonight!
Krista

nikkis30by30 said...

Oh Jacque I can't wait to hear the results. He works in mysterious ways and I don't think that what happened today was any exception!!! Oooohhh how I pray that it all turns out how WE all want it to! Hopefully His will is ours!!

Unknown said...

That brought tears to my eyes. I too am sure it was no mere concidence. Our prayers are with you. Your strength and courage are amazing and a true inspiration.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful and so true. The Lord is so gracious and wonderful. He care's for us so gently and lovingly. My prayers are with you during this stressful time.

Miss S