Monday, June 11, 2007

Another One Down

Another chemo down. This is number five for Abraxane and number four for Avastin. My 'substitute' oncologist must have been a child prodigy as he appears to be around 14 years old. Really - he looks like a middle school student. OK, maybe high school, but he looks really young! He said he has been with the practice for a year. Great. I go from the best in the business to wet behind the ears. He said my doc will be out for at least another month. Sigh.

The sub onc also said my doc had said I was to have scans after 6 chemos. What? He told me I was to have them after my fourth Avastin which was today! I told the child doctor this and he said that was fine, we could do them now. Reflecting on this, I assume my regular doc wanted to be there for the scans - but I want to know if they are working! I am scheduled to have a CT and bone scan on June 26th. Prayers for signs of healing in all areas are appreciated.

I made it through chemo without going into A fib - so that is great! It seemed to take forever - I was there from 8:30 until 1:15. I am not sure what made this treatment so long. I went to cardiac rehab an hour early (7:00) so I was at Methodist for a long time!

Tomorrow is Carolyn's epidural. Hopefully it will go smoothly and she will get some relief.

Yesterday Mark planted some perennials in front of the rosebushes. For some reason nothing seems to want to grow there. I bought salvia and daylilies - hardy plants that don't mind the heat and sun. Hopefully these will do better than what we have had in the past.

A few weeks ago we decided to plant a couple of tomatoes this year and I am tickled that there are little baby tomatoes growing on the plants! I know this is what is suppose to happen, so I shouldn't be so surprised, but it is so cool!

I am getting groggy, so I think I will kick back in my comfy chair and take a little nap. I have PEO tonight and I haven't been in quite some time. Hopefully I will be up for it!

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I hope you make it to PEO and have a great time (I guess I should say made it, it's already 9:00 - jeez!). I've been thinking about you a lot today, thinking that maybe it would be a hard day for you. I know treatment day is never your worst day. But just with everything that's happened in the last month. It's just been a long haul! Glad everything went okay and that Doogie Houser did alright. I'm praying that those scans show us what we already know - that that cancer has NOTHING on you!

Jeanne said...

Jacque-
My mother went to Methodist yesterday also. He onco is Dr. Silverberg, she was upset that he wasn't there. She said that he is having problems with his diabetes and need to take time to get it undercontrol. I think she saw the same young doctor you did. She said he was young enough to be her grandson.
FYI - today is my daughter, Adrienne's 21st birthday. I cannot be that old. Take care...