Saturday, February 17, 2007

All Is Well

My atrial fib was gone when I woke up this morning. My pulse never got that high - just around 101 bpm, and while I could tell my heart was beating irregularly, it wasn't going crazy like it did last Sunday - so for this I am thankful. I wore the beeping monitor all night, so I didn't get my normal sound sleep. I look forward to a quiet sleep tonight!
I had a pretty lazy day again. Mark and I went shopping for a bit this afternoon (I needed him to carry things - shopping is not Mark's favorite thing to do. In fact it rates fairly equal with having a root canal). But he was a good sport and I appreciated his help.
I haven't felt obligated to do much housework this weekend as the housecleaning crew will be here on Tuesday. Seems silly to clean just to have it cleaned in two days. I will pick up tomorrow and make sure everything is in order for Tuesday.
I rode my exercise bike for 15 minutes today, too, doctor's orders. It felt good - and I took it easy. It is hard to know how I should pace myself. Both the cardiologist and pulmonologist said to exercise, but to not overdo it. Neither explained what that would look like - so I just assume I if I don't get winded or my heart rate doesn't go too high I am OK. I am looking forward to the day I can walk and talk at the same time, and not feel winded doing normal everyday things. Hopefully my bike will help this improve!
Thanks for your continued prayers.

No comments: