Wednesday, February 21, 2007

One Month

Yesterday, I realized it had been one month since I was released from the hospital. With this in mind, I realize how far I have come in that time. I made it through my long day yesterday without any of the breathlessness of the last conference night (and that had happened just 5 days ago!) and didn't feel all that bad going home. Of course, the beautiful weather may have helped there! I also noticed yesterday that I could read out loud to my students for sustained periods of time without feeling the breathlessness of last week.
I woke up this morning feeling fine (other than fighting another bladder infection) and am looking forward to my day at school. My one concern is I have gained 7 pounds in less than a week - and haven't been eating all that much. I assume the steroids I am taking are playing a number on me. Grrrrrr! I will be stopping those soon, so hopefully this won't continue! I have noticed my face is getting a bit puffy - again the steroids. This too shall pass....

No comments: