Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!


A visit to my cardiologist today left me very happy as I no longer have to wear the monitor! I will hang on to the device for the next week just in case I experience any symptoms - but what a relief to have that silly beeping thing off! My doc is happy with my progress and will see me in 3 months - other than for labs - unless I have any problems. Praise God! I have to remain on all my meds for approximately 6 months, when, if all is going well, she will begin to decrease them. A light at the end of the tunnel. How nice.
School today was fun. It was Valentines Day, of course, as well as one of my student's birthday. When it is a student's birthday he/she bakes a cake in our classroom kitchen to share with the class. The first time around not many kids wanted any cake, but this afternoon we had many takers - so we had two cake breaks today :-). Add to that the fact that Melanie and I have the best students around - and it makes for a great day.
Tomorrow, in the morning, we have a motivational speaker and then advisement conferences are from 1:00 until 8:30. Since I don't have to teach I think I will get along just fine having a long day. On Friday we have a comp day so I can sleep in and do my pajama thing again.
I have some wonderful parents that stepped up to the plate to help sell picture frames during conferences to raise money for our classroom activity fund and for Special Friends Prom (a prom designed for our special needs kids in the district). The frames are made by my brother, Bert Anderson, who is an artist out of Lincoln, NE. The handsome guy in the photo is my dad. If these sell well, we will offer them at the other high schools.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day. Hugs to you all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Bert to make other schools. I can't have my picture in a Nebraska frame!

Jacqniel said...

He does! Go to jancostudio.com and you can see his frames. There is even Iowa State!

cko said...

YAHOO! No more beeping monitor! Congratulations!

And I'd like to see Matt's picture in a Nebraska frame...just to tick him off. =)

Enjoy your day off tomorrow! I'm jealous, but at least we get President's Day off. Yesssss!

Melanie D. said...

Seeing if I can comment this afternoon. You're right, we do have the best students in the world!!! I'm glad that your return to work is going so well, it is AWESOME to have you back!!!!!!