Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Snowy Day

The weather report predicted flurries today, but I know I had to clear off at least an inch off my car when I left school, and I can see what looks like at least 2 inches covering my deck. So much for the weather report!
I had a great morning at school, today - taught English and Work Introduction Network. The students worked hard and the morning flew by. One more half day (tomorrow afternoon), and then I work a full day on Friday. Unless something unforeseen happens, I should do just fine. Next week will be interesting as I plan to go back full time, and wouldn't you know that next week is advisement conferences, which means two days where I teach all day then stay at school until 8:30 for conferences. I will just have to pace myself during the day so I don't deplete all my energy units!
Mark is off to the Creighton basketball game tonight at the Qwest Center with a couple of buddies. My friend Paula is going to pick up supper for the two of us at a restaurant then come over for a visit. It will be fun to catch up. We work in the same building, but we are both so busy we never have a chance to visit.
I did some changing last night with my transmitter and monitor (where it was located - how it was attached to me) - it helped a bit - it only beeped a couple of times - but it still woke me up and I missed a few hours sleep. I have two more weeks of this blasted thing - I am SO ready to have it gone!
Each day brings further healing and return of my stamina. I am thankful for each improvement and praise God for His goodness.

2 comments:

JustAnotherDay said...

Hello!

Guess what? I have your earrings done! I will send them to you tomorrow and I will post them next week (I really want to see if I can get a sale first!!!)

I am glad to hear things are going well with school and such. Blast that beeping! Not too much longer though!!!

Take care,

Courtney

Melanie D. said...

Saving your energy units...makes our job sound like a video game! I am glad you are back - it's so nice to have you around! I want to do my best to help you save those energy units - you've just go to ask for the help! See you this afternoon. ~Melanie