Saturday, February 10, 2007

Grateful

I awoke last night at 3:00 - something that is now normal for me. As I lay there, reflecting on all that had happened to me, tears started sliding down my face. Unlike a month ago, when my tears were of the unknown and despair, these were of gratitude. How often do we go through life taking everything for granted? For me - it was daily.
In just the last week Mark and I have had so many acts of kindness given to us by our friends and coworkers. Last night, friends stopped by to deliver a gift certificate for a house cleaning service that will last through this school year. Another is treating me to a day at the spa, while others have given gift certificates for food. Mark continues to not have to shovel snow as it mysteriously disappears off our walks and drive. Add to this coworkers who worry and fuss over me, and friends who do the same - a loving immediate and extended family - I could go on and on. To top it all off, I continue to gain strength. So many blessings. So many good and caring people in the world.
I pray that I will not forget all the kindnesses of the last two months, or ever take life for granted. We can't predict what tomorrow will bring - but we can live each day with gratefulness and joy.

1 comment:

Diane Muir said...

It is amazing to me how we take our friends for granted, and then ... when we are in desperate need, they are there to take care of everything. Your blog made ME weep, the generosity of spirit is so apparent in your friends and I'm absolutely certain that you and Mark have given them every reason to care for you this much! You are an amazing woman.