Thursday, February 1, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day!

It's a beautiful day in Omaha, Nebraska - and it has been a great day for me!
It started out with the arrival of a cleaning lady first thing this morning - thanks to my district teaching counterparts and administration. Thanks everyone! What a treat!
Then my friend and former department head, Lynne Elwood, picked me up for a wonderful lunch at Wheatfields (yum!). It was nice catching up on all the people we know between us - discussing our jobs, etc. Lynn works for the NSEA now, so she was also able to point me in the right direction to get questions answered about having such an unexpected extended leave from work. Thanks Lynne! Maybe you can write our lunch off since we talked so much business!
Coming home from lunch I walked into a fresh smelling, dirt and dust free house. Wonderful!
This afternoon I plan on going to the grocery store and then to the dentist's office for my 6 month check up. I plan on resting between each of these activities, but it is nice to know I can really be so active!
I haven't heard anything else about yesterday's heart stress test results. I hope to hear today or tomorrow - and that there is nothing wrong! Prayers please!
I called my pulmonologist and requested he send the paperwork in for me to start half days next week. I found out today, through Lynne, that I can actually go back and try to work for a couple weeks without messing up my eligibility for long term disability - if- Heaven forbid- it should come to that. This puts me so much more at ease about returning to work!
It IS a beautiful day! :-)

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I'm so happy that you had a great day! You are due!!! And I'm glad that you enjoyed your house cleaning - I'll have to get from you who did it. I may have to look into that before my house simply crumbles in on itself! We are all so excited for your visit tomorrow and I'm looking forward to a girls' lunch out. I'll see you in the morning! ~Melanie

Joyce said...

Glad you are feeling better and know by waiting till next week to go back to work it will be an easier chore.
I had all that stress test stuff in Apr. and it wasn't fun. Mine showed a possible blockage, but my angiogram in Oct. didn't show it.
Went to the Phoenix golf tournament this morning and froze. It was 45 at 8AM and didn't warm up much before 1:30 when we left. Angela got us Greenskeeper tickets...free food and drink, so we had a great hot breakfast and Italian meal for lunch. Let me know if I can do anything for you..I'll keep you and Greg in my prayers. LOVE

Krista said...

You are having way too much fun to go back to work! Now, think about that. No more lengthy lunches, no afternoon trips to Hy Vee, no shopping in the mall when it is quiet! Work really gets in the way of all that! Of course, if you are going half days, then you can still do it all. Sounds ideal as long as you don't do too much!
Watch these next few days of horrid cold.! Wait till it warms up to go back! I"m back to that again! Have a great weekend and do something fun and relaxing.
Krista