Friday, February 23, 2007

Didn't Get My Way

Well, I didn't get my way. My blood thinning level has risen to 2.3 - too high to do the procedure. If I get worse over the weekend I can call my doc - he is on call - and he said he could do the procedure at the hospital. He did double my steroids, so hopefully this will make me breathe easier over the weekend. If it gets better with the pills I might reconsider having the procedure and wait for awhile - I figure the less invasive the better. I will see what the doctor thinks. Anyway, I am scheduled for the procedure on Monday. I am going to take a wait and see attitude with taking Monday off - I hate to miss for many reasons - money being top of my list! :-)
For any cumadin users - the reason you are to take it at night is, if you need to get the drug out of your system for surgery (or procedures), if you take it in the evening you can withhold that evening's dose and be that much closer to having what you need done. Made sense once he explained it to me.
Omaha is expecting a 6 to 8 inch snowstorm Saturday night. Wouldn't you know we have plans to go out with our friends the Nielsen's and O'Connors. The Nielsen's aren't related to us, but when Mark and I first got married the guys had me convinced they were cousins. It wasn't until two years into the marriage I figured it out - long story. I am not so gullible any more (I hope).
Have a warm, relaxing weekend!

3 comments:

joanie skar said...

Hi Jacque:
Just read your blog today. Sorry to hear about all the complications you have been having. You continue to be in our prayers and if there is anything we can do just let us know. God bless and HE will take care of you. His will not ours and that is not always easy to deal with-We know you and Mark have great faith and love for the Lord and that will continue to get you through the tough times. We love you both and God bless, Al and Joanie

Unknown said...

Hi,
Our prayers and thoughts are with you! Stay away from the cumadin and the snow and hopefully things will go better for you.

If there is anything I can do let me know.
Sharon

Diane Muir said...

Well, here's hoping you get to go out and party tonight with friends! And I think it stinks that you have to deal with the dr. again on Monday. Blech! We're still praying and praying for this to all just release you!