Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tired.......

I am tired..... it was a long day. We had a motivational speaker at work this morning, Todd Whitaker, who did a nice job, but spoke for over 2 hours without a break. My bottom was tired and my muscles screaming by the time it was over. He also irritated me a bit as he would slip into a Missouri hillbilly dialect of double negatives and ain'ts. At first I thought he was just using it for effect (affect - I can never remember which one it is and I am too tired to care right now), but it was used so often I decided it was more the norm than when he used proper English.
Next, Melanie and I went out to lunch (a luxury we don't often get to enjoy), then I set up the table to sell our picture frames, and began conferences from 1:00 to 8:30. Melanie was a doll, bringing my office chair to our conference site so I would be comfortable, running clear across the school to retrieve things I had forgotten and running copies for my meeting, etc. Thanks Melanie! I held an MDT team meeting mid afternoon, had 3 out of 5 assigned conferences show up, and sat in on a couple of Melanie's conferences. I held up fairly well until the last parent of the evening. She was a very nice woman of an upcoming 9th grader - and she was having concerns about sending him to high school. I had to do a lot of reassuring and talking - which I have found wears me out (the talking - not the reassuring), especially when I am already tired. I don't think she noticed, but catching my breath kept getting more and more difficult as our conversation went on. At the end of the evening it was a struggle to schlep all my things back to my room, get my coat on and walk out into the 1 degree weather to climb into a cold car and drive home.
Right now, my PJ's feel wonderful and I am heading to bed as soon as I post this. Either I will sleep like a log or lay there awake - too tired to sleep. But, I made it through the day and I have tomorrow off, so life is good.

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

I was glad to help. Lord knows, I NEED the exercise! You held up tremendously well, I didn't even notice that your energy dwindled (word of the week!) by the end of the day. You did AWESOME. Have a great day off, a great weekend, and I'll see you on Monday!