Saturday, February 3, 2007

Lincoln

Mark, Matt, Courtney and I headed to Lincoln this afternoon to see my mom. I hadn't seen her since Christmas Eve, so it was good for both of us to get together. She is doing well - she reminds me of the energizer bunny - she just keeps going and going.
Tonight, the four of us are going out to eat with our friends, Steve and Diane, and their daughter (our God daughter) Courtney. We are going to Firebirds - a great grill restaurant that has one of the best, and leanest, prime ribs I have tasted. If I can stay awake we may even head over to Cheeseburger in Paradise to listen to a little music.
No word from Greg, so we pray that he made it to Wisconsin safely. He is of the age where he thinks it is ridiculous that Mark and I say "Drive safely", "No drinking and Driving", etc. He doesn't realize that it is part of our parental duty - and that we feel so much better having said it. Hopefully he is learning a lot at his leadership conference - and having fun......but not too much! :-)
I am still feeling well and my heart has been behaving itself. My right lung is still not great - but I am getting stronger and able to do more each day, so I know it, too, must be improving.
Have a nice evening!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I'm so glad that you are starting to feel much better. It seems as though every day you get that much stronger. I hope you had a great dinner with the gang this evening. I wish I could have come. Firebirds sounds so good right now! I guess I will stick with my can of soup for now! =) Enjoy the rest of the weekend!