Thursday, February 8, 2007

Almost Friday

How sad. I have only worked half days this week and I am already looking forward to Friday. I was a bit tired during school this afternoon. I suppose my body is just complaining because I am pushing more than it has been pushed in two months. However, the one class I taught (the other period was my plan period), which was Reading, was awesome. I have 5 young men in this class - one is out with a fever - and they are such good people. They are really into the novel we are reading and we had such a good discussion about it.
Today was Kathy Keasling, my substitute teacher's last day. Thank you, thank you, Kathy. I know I have said this to you many times - but words cannot express what a blessing you were for my class, our staff and for me.
My friend Paula came last night, brought us each a great salad from Outback, we drank wine and had a wonderful visit. Thanks, Paula. What we would do without friends?
GOOD NEWS! My cardiologist's nurse called today and gave me permission to NOT wear my monitor at night while I sleep (do the circle dance). It makes me want to go to bed right now! I have to keep the monitor close by in case I have any 'symptoms' - but I really don't notice symptoms while I sleep - in fact, I haven't felt any symptoms for quite some time.
Snow is predicted tonight. I have heard everything from flurries to 2 to 4 inches. I vote for the latter - complete with a snow day. Ok, I am dreaming - but a girl's gotta dream.
I now feel like I am taking two to three steps forward a day and just one half or one step back. I am gaining on this 'thing' that has invaded my life so completely. I am still far from healthy - but I again feel blessed to have come this far.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Glad you are so enthusiastic about school.....a real teacher hoping for a snow day! Now, I know you are back to normal! I know your comfy chair has been missing you this week so make friends with it again after tomorrow and store up energy for the long haul!
Will we see you Monday night at Dee Ann's? Have a good weekend!
Krista