Thursday, February 22, 2007

Prayers, Please

I am seeking prayers again. Yesterday I noticed I was short of breath. I also, if you remember, gained three pounds overnight. Well, in the back of my mind, I knew this could mean the plural effusion (fluid in the lung lining) might have returned - but I was hoping I was wrong - and that I was just tired from my long day at work the day before. Today I was even shorter of breath - and by mid morning my heart started racing and going into Atrial Fib (irregular heartbeat). Sigh.
My pulmonologist doc was in Blair, NE at a clinic there, so Mark picked me up at school at noon and drove me up there - about a 45 minute trip. Well, in true Jacque fashion, nothing can ever be easy. They took an x-ray (had to do one twice as it didn't turn out), and then I waited for the doc to get there. He had an ultra sound done and found a big pocket of fluid at the top of my lung. They were all set to do the procedure, but when the nurses got out the equipment, my doc wasn't happy with the kit they had. So, I have to go tomorrow to his office to have the procedure done. As he was walking out, I asked him if he would like me to not take the cumadin (blood thinner) tomorrow. You should have seen his face. He turned to the nurse and asked if they had taken a pro-time (a test that checks how thin your blood is). He said they were suppose to have done one - that his nurses were suppose to call them to get a pro-time. (I had asked the nurse earlier if it would be a problem that I was on cumadin and she said she would ask the doc - which we both forgot). Anyway, this little hospital didn't have the easy pro-time machinery, where they just poke your finger, so I opted to go to my gp which is right next to my school - where I needed to pick up my car. My pulmonologist said my numbers couldn't be over 1.8. I was 1.8. But, my pulmonologist doc didn't like that I take my meds in the morning - I am suppose to take it at night. Who knew? So now I have to have my blood checked in the morning, again, before he decides if he can do the procedure. Does any of this make sense? Anyway, I would LOVE to have this procedure done tomorrow. I realize that if it doesn't, that means it is how it is suppose to be, but how nice it would be to breathe easier over the weekend - and not have a tap dancing heart.
Hence, my request for prayers. I suppose I should ask you to ask for God's guidance - which of course I want - but a request for His will to include doing the procedure would be wonderful (:-) I also have my third cancer treatment tomorrow afternoon, so prayers for that would also be appreciated. Hugs to all.

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

You are in our daily prayers and in Brenna's nightly ones. Get well and we will hope to see you on Monday!