Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday

Today is Sunday, and I didn't make it to church. I had every intention, but just couldn't get myself into the shower on time.
Mark and I spent part of the afternoon returning a floor lamp that we purchased yesterday at the Oakview Penney's. It was one of the things Mark went with me to get yesterday. I had a mall gift certificate that was burning a hole in my pocket. When he put the lamp together, the switch was broken. Drat. So this afternoon we took it back to Westroads - who I had called to make sure they had one in stock (Oakview didn't). I was put on hold for 10 minutes - which didn't make me very happy, but I managed to be civil to the clerk who finally picked it up. We exchanged it and while I ran more errands, Mark again put the lamp together - only to discover the glass touchier globe was not in the box! He called Penney's and they said he had to bring the whole kit and caboodle back - again. When I got home from my errands I called and spoke with a manager, and now we just need to bring the empty box in to exchange for the globe. Ya' think? Grrrrrrrr! It is a good thing I like this lamp! Mark's mom offered to get the globe for us tomorrow, so hopefully this will all be resolved then. How silly!
I am looking at a full week of work. 5 full days with one night. I pray for stamina, lung power and the good sense to pace myself!

No comments: