Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Still Under the Weather

I am still sick. Today, my fever was down, but still low grade. I haven't been hungry - at all - and have been nauseous and even lost what little lunch I managed to get down. This afternoon I called my oncologists office to see if these symptoms might be due to my cancer treatment on Friday. The nurse said no, I probably just had a virus - but I am not convinced.
I did manage to get my pulmonologist's appointment changed to tomorrow instead of Friday to have my lung drained. Hopefully my cumadin level won't be too high. As much as I dread the procedure - I really want that fluid out!
So far today my heart has had one episode of A-fib - slowed down by the rescue pills. I have let my mother-in-law,Carolyn, and Mark (when he was home for lunch) do for me to try to keep it under control. It seems to have helped.
My co teacher, Melanie, had a very trying day. We have a classroom business where we make promotional buttons. In the confusion of my being hospitalized we forgot we had an order due tomorrow. Of course, one button didn't turn out right - and it was saved on my laptop at home. She had to come get my computer over her lunch hour so she could make the button. Today was also our reward pizza and a movie party (kids earn 'money' to pay for a monthly reward). She had to pick up the pizzas, get them cooked, find a DVD that worked (ours decided not to work today), etc. Add to that, that everyone had to work extra hard to make the buttons - she had quite a day. My sub from before I went back to work last month is now on a well deserved vacation. Timaree Yost has taken her place and Melanie says she has been great. I am so thankful for every one's help in this very trying time!
Thanks to everyone for your continuing to put me in your prayers. I know that set backs are inevitable. I pray for faith and trust.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Gosh I hope that flu bug, if that is what it is, becomes a snow flake and melts away! Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Hang in there, we are all pulling for you.
Sharon

Krista said...

I hope the predicted snow storm does not keep you from getting your lung drained on Thursday. You need some quality time with your chair by the window to watch the snowflakes. I bet that is calming to your nerves and mind. Good luck with the procedure . I know it will make you feel better.
Keep the faith and get better!
Krista

Melanie D. said...

And today - I am rewarded with a snow day! Praise God! I only hope you can make it to your appointment and that the doctor's office is open! I feel like I live in a snow cave, every window is covered. Stay warm and get well soon!

cko said...

Jacque,
I sure hope you're able to make it in to the doctor today, although this weather is sure not cooperating! I've decided that I am officially done with winter -- bring on spring! Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking and praying for you. Hope you're feeling better today.
Love Courtney