Tuesday, September 11, 2007

chemo #10

Chemo #10 is under my belt. Today I received just the pre-drugs and Abraxane. I will be interested in how this affects me. I don't know if I am going to like this regime, but time will tell. At least it was just a two hour infusion instead of the normal four hour one - a plus!

I have a roast in the oven for supper and it smells very good. My appetite has been rather weird this week, so hopefully it will taste good, too.

I am still having ant problems. My neighbor, Carol, emailed me after my last blog about the critters and said they use a product called Terro. You put it on a little piece of paper and then allow the ants to swarm all over it and take it back to the nest. It is so hard to just let those little buggers do their thing and not kill them. If they are still around tomorrow, I am going ballistic. I called the exterminator and got a bit of a run around. I had told her they were swarming all over one of my counters (they were just here to treat for this problem one week ago) and she said they couldn't come back so soon to retreat. I asked her what to do in the mean time and she made some comment about flying ants being hard to kill. I told her they weren't flying - they were just little house ants - and she went in this big song and dance how house ants don't swarm - only flying ants - yada, yada, yada. What? Who CARES? Excuse me? I told her I obviously wasn't a 'professional' and didn't know the right 'terminology' to use. She said they would come back out tomorrow to take care of them. I am hoping they are gone by tomorrow (because of my Terro usage) so I can call and cancel. They are sending the same guy from last time who stuck a screw driver inside our lightswitch cover and blew a circuit on our garbage disposal - not the brightest bulb on the earth.

5 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I hope that your ants are gone too. And that your chemo does its thing without wiping you out! Good luck with it all.

Midwest Beach Girl said...

My friend Brandy also has those little house ants and she recommends the Terro too. Good luck killing the buggers....

nikkis30by30 said...

We have used Terro, also. It has always worked in our case, but I can't recall if it was in just one day. I hope they are gone soon. I hate ants. Ick.

Hope your chemo is doing it's job without making you too bleck. Keep us posted!! (As long as you feel up to it!!)

Be Inspired Always said...

I hope your Chemo makes the ickies disappeared. I hope that you can find the strength to continue to feel good.



P.S. Your book is on the way.





Jillian

Diane Muir said...

Terro is amazing. Wow ... #10 chemo. Isn't God great?