Thursday, September 6, 2007

Steroids and Ants

One good side effect of chemo is the steroid high you get the day after the treatment. I woke up feeling great, did many little things around the house (cleaning, changing out a new handle on the screen door, laundry), then headed to Wellbound to work out. Diane stopped by with some paperwork for the Race for the Cure and then I headed to the grocery store. I am now feeling like a nap would be wonderful, but since it is after 5:00, that would NOT be a good idea if I want to sleep tonight, so I will just have to keep on keeping on.

We are having a battle with little tiny ants. We hired an exterminator a few months back because the silverfish from our shake roof were winning the battle in our master bath and Carolyn was having ant issues in her apartment. He comes periodically to respray. However, this week the ants decided to show their ugly little heads in MY kitchen. One day I saw one or two. The next day three or four. The NEXT day - hundreds swarming out of my light switch by the kitchen sink. I immediately called the exterminator and he came out yesterday. Most of them are gone, but he said to expect to see a few for the next couple of weeks while the poison takes effect. YUCK! I thought once you hired a professional, the little buggers would stay away. I guess not.

4 comments:

Midwest Beach Girl said...

I'd dang near trade my Florida roach thingies for your ants. (though I have not seen one in awhile)

Rosebud said...

Dead ant..dead ant..dead ant, dead ant, dead ant...dead ant...dead ant. Theme from Pink Panther..lol rosebud

Melanie D. said...

Unfortunately, we get the ants every change of season. Ugh. We had Orkin in Waverly, but nothing here. I miss the preventative maintenance. I should think his stuff should prevent it, but at least you can call when there's a problem!

Hope you continue to feel well. I have to tell you, I have a really good feeling about this treatment. I think that the dandelions stand no chance. Kick some Ass Jacque!!!

Be Inspired Always said...

We don't have ants, we have mice. Which I'm deathly afraid of. Thank god we have a 13 pd cat.



If you want a picture of him I will post it on my blog. He's adorable.




Jillian