Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Facial

I had a pleasant day. Mark's stepmom, Joyce, picked me up and we went to Regency for lunch (Paradise Bakery - yum). We went to some of the shops and dropped our rings at Borshiems to be cleaned (my how they sparkled). We then went to Gloss, a day spa, and had facials. A friend of mine (thanks Paula) had given me a gift certificate there. This was my first time to ever have a facial, and let me tell you, it was divine. It was like an hour long massage of your face, neck, shoulders and arms. You laid on a comfy bed, the room was surrounded in glowing candles, there was soft ''new age' type music playing and an ever so soft scent of incense. Heavenly.

I got home in time to reapply my eyebrows and eye liner (otherwise I look like Lord Voltamorts twin sister), take the delivery of our new treadmill, and then head out for my opthamologist's appointment. I am so glad I made it on time, as I had to SIT for 40 minutes to get back to a room and then had to SIT another 25 minutes waiting for the doc. As I felt my blood pressure rising, I finally decided to be more productive and closed my eyes and counted my blessings. By the time the doc arrived I was in a much better frame of mind. He said the surface of my eye looked improved, but since I was still having major symptoms, he wants me to use Restasis, an eyedrop that helps unblock the oil glands in the eye. I am also suppose to hot pack my eyes twice a day and scrub my eyes with baby shampoo, put lubricating drops in every two hours and a gel ointment in my eye at night. Riiiight.... I am not sure I want to give up my retirement for this full time job!

After the opthamologist's appointment I went to the oncologists to get my Neulasta shot. I didn't get there until 4:45 (because of the late opthomologist) and the desk was all flustered that I was there so 'late'. I had asked my nurse yesterday how late I could come and she said up to 6:15, so I thought I was fine. Oh well. Since it was so late, I decided to do take-out and ran by Boston Market for a rotisserie chicken dinner on my way home.

It is nice to feel well again - yeah, I know, not for long. But at least whatever was ailing me over the weekend and yesterday morning seems to be history, so now I can face the side effects unencumbered.

5 comments:

Di said...

Your facial sounds like it was heavenly. I am proud of you for not letting the late appointment fluster you. We all need to remember your tactic and whenever we are upset, instead just count our many blessings. Gread advice for all of us to live by.
Glad you are feeling better!
love ya, di

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Sounds like a great day! I do believe that we blogging ladies are coming out of our funk!! And you finished the day off with Boston Market...my fave.

Melanie D. said...

Busy busy! I would love a facial, it sounds great. Good for you for sitting quietly while you waited at the doc's. Counting blessings was a really good idea. And good luck with all of those steps. Scrubbing eyes with baby shampoo. Oh my.

Diane Muir said...

Let's see: facial, sparkly rings, lunch out, new treadmill, blessings and takeout dinner. You DID have a pleasant day!

However, I do believe that dealing with your eye 'stuff' could be a rather time-consuming regimen. I know, you need an IPod! Program some great music into it or audio books and you can sit back and enjoy these wierd times!

nikkis30by30 said...

Facials are the BOMB!!!! I have had a few full body massages and they are just plain devine. I am so happy for you that you got to do something so wonderful for yourself!!! YAY JACQUE!!! And I am envious of your self check on the attitude at the dr. I would have just gotten madder and madder and madder. You are a wonderful person!!! GO YOU! ;)