Saturday, September 15, 2007

Faux Fall


It is a crisp, cloudy faux fall day. Well, at least hopefully faux fall - or we are in for a long winter! The temp is a chilly 61 degrees and it is overcast - trying to rain. A great day for a nap - and football!

We are going to our friends' house tonight for dinner and the Nebraska Husker/USC game. We are to bring dessert, and I thought I would share with you a dessert that always tastes great in the fall - and is SO easy! All you need to do is purchase a box of Peppridge Farm Apple Dumplings (in the frozen dessert section at the store) and a carton of Cinnamon ice cream. Tonight, one half hour before we want to have dessert, I will pop them in the oven and serve them hot with a scoop of the ice cream. MMMmmm. I don't usually like fruit based desserts like this, but I do like these dumplings. They just say fall to me (and are SO easy!).

I made a decision about the gym yesterday. I have decided to purchase a treadmill rather than join the gym. I already have a recumbent bike and weights. As I drove to the gym the other day I thought about how excited I was going to be driving in the dead of winter when the roads were icy and I wasn't feeling particularly well. I have nothing against Wellbound, the gym I was considering. It is clean, with new equipment and friendly staff. I just feel this is a better option for me.

Enjoy the game all you out in Husker land! What do you non-Huskers have planned for tonight?
Ant Alert! None sighted today.
Perhaps the siege is over!

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

Going to the gym in winter doesn't sound like fun, you are smart for think of that!