Friday, September 28, 2007

Healthier heart

Went to my cardiologist's (Dr. Gangahar) today for my three month ecco cardiogram. She was thrilled with my heart, said it was perfect and looked like it was ready to take off and go (in a go way). My blood was WAY too thin, which explains my continually bloody nose and bruising. Dr. G's and Dr. S's office coordinated and she did bloodwork to see if they could figure out why I have been feeling so punky. I haven't heard on that, yet. She had the nurse do a laying, sitting, standing blood pressure and discovered it dropped rapidly when I stood up, so she cut back on my blood pressure meds. That is a good thing.

My appointment was suppose to be at 10:00, but after a long wait in the waiting room, tests, etc. it was after 1:00 when I left. I was feeling very light headed and a bit nauseous - I am sure from not eating anything. The sweet nurse gave me some crackers, but they were stale - which one doesn't need when one's tummy is already queasy. Luckily I had some pretzels in the car!

By the time I got home, all I could think about was having some lunch and resting. I had gone through Arbys' and grabbed one of their garden fresh salads. I couldn't eat it all, but it tasted good - I will save the rest for another meal. I don't usually do salads since it counter reacts with blood thinners, but I figured I was fine since my blood was too thin anyway! Gotta take the perks where you can find them!

4 comments:

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Hey, if the rest of us do things like having a 350 calorie coffee after working out and eating ice-cream because we did not have that second sode at lunch, you go have that salad. (I mean really, how bad for you can salad be?!)

Melanie D. said...

I'm so glad your heart is healthy. When I think of where you were with your heart and stamina and lungs last winter, well...Praise be to God!

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Okay, so I must have breezed over the beginning of your blog. I have a friend that works for Dr. G. Her name is Faith (and she has the most beautiful ring on her right hand!) Next time you call to schedule an appt, say hi!

Unknown said...

Yeah for the heart! Your positive attitude and ability to endure are truly amazing! You are one terrific woman!!

Best of luck on Monday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Sharon and Lyle